Social Media

link link Instagram Bitesizemegan

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Frenulums!

I am slowly counting down the years, or days, till I lose my sanity.

So tonight Joshua tore his frenulum. Until tonight I had no idea what that thing was called, much less what it looked like torn in half. Thanks kid. So you don't have to look it up, it's that piece of skin that attaches to your top lip and gums. After bleeding all over my shirt, he went back to eating his Goldfish Crackers. Oh don't get me started on those damn crackers. We went to Walmart today and after at least a month of not having those in our house, Joshua decided "OMG MOM I NEED THOSE CRACKERS NOW!!!". He made a mentally handicapped man yell too. No, I'm serious. Let me repeat that. My son's fit made mentally handicapped man yell out too.

But back to the frenulum. After it still hadn't stopped bleeding, but he was gleefully running around the room getting blood on my carpet, Stephen lifted up his lip so I could get a better look. I probably shouldn't have yelled "Oh my god, no, don't do that!" and freaked the husband out. In my defense, that's some nasty looking stuff. After googling it ( I have found I do this a lot now about Joshua's injuries.) I learned that this seems to be some right of passage of toddlers and kids.

Good news, because he tore it he probably wont have a gap between his teeth. There's a bright side to everything right. Right!?

I gave him some Tylenol and put him to bed. Now mommy gets to drink her beer and relax, blood free.

No comments: